INTERVIEW WITH MR. DAVID TAN – SAMMIC VIETNAMMarch 2, 2023
1. Kindly tell us something about your work profile/business including yourself.
Sammic is a manufacturer of foodservice equipment in Spain with factory located in Azkoitia GM of Sammic asia office, in-charge of ASEAN, North-Asia Countries and China.
2. When did you arrive in Vietnam and what made you / your company decided to stay here?
We started our showroom in Vietnam in 2017, as Vietnam is growing in F&B and hospitality industry.
3. How has your professional career or your company’s career developed since then?
Our company have gained a very important brand recognition, as one of the very few Spanish brand of foodservice equipment that have established the presence in Vietnam.
4. Culture shock related to work environment in Spain and Vietnam?
Having the experience in Asia and with many friends in Vietnam, we have understood the people and culture here before starting our office, so there is no culture shock to us.
5. As far as your sector stands today, what services Sammic offers to their clients?
We are able to offer main areas.
1) Recommending the right equipment for the customers, and allowing the customer to test the equipment in our showroom before purchase.
2) Aftersales/Technical service to customers using our products.
3) Sales/Technical Training for dealers network
6. What do you think are the biggest challenges for this sector in the future?
Cost and profit is always the concern for all businesses. Price of products is getting more and more competitive, especially products from Asia and China have 0% tax on import and products on Spain are still subject to tax even with EVFTA.
7. What type of promotional and communication campaigns do you work on?
We are active in all social media in Vietnam, and we conduct activities with different groups to showcase and promote our products.
8. What is your advice to companies interested in your services?
They can be assured that the pre-sales and aftersales of our products are already taken care of when using our products. Moreover Sammic products made of Spain had already been known for its reliability and quality over the years.
9. Please tell us a little about future plans of your company in Vietnam.
Besides Ho Chi Minh which we have build up the brand over the years, it is also important for us to expand our service in other cities like Hanoi, Danang, and other developing areas.
Many thanks to Mr. David Tan for sharing your experience with us.